Dear Sir, As a former Canvey Islander of some many years since, it troubles me when I read of the current issues facing the current residents.
Through the internet I am able to follow the local and National news items.
Watching the Andrew Marr show on BBC i-player George Osborne and Ed Balls made clear the current austerity issues and the high levels of cut backs facing the UK citizens for many years to come.
In contrast through the Echo website I am both impressed and puzzled by the protest group in favour of saving the Deanes School.
The enthusiasm and organisation of pupils and parents impress me.
What I am puzzled by is that in a strong Conservative area why residents and Councillors expect that “the State” should be expected to support an under subscribed school. If, it is proven that pupil levels are supported by intakes of youngsters from outside of the Borough, then this may well indicate that the school will in the near future become a luxury that may be difficult to support.
The residents in that part of the Borough for many years successfully protested against any form of large scale housing.
Britain is in a chronic financial state with levels of debt that are incomprehensible.
For residents to demand a school is kept open they must realise there is a price to pay.
As I said I have long since moved away from Canvey Island, due to the way the district is controlled by the Benfleet Councillors allowing the over development of the Island.
Mark my words, they know there is a price to pay for maintaining Deanes school and they will be expecting the gratitude of residents if the campaign is successful.
With elections coming up next year they will also know they cannot be seen to be allowing large scale housing development in Benfleet.
All I can say is look out Canvey, you will bear the price for this political posturing.
- Jotmans Farm High Court Appeal – NOT for Castle Point council to Defend?
- Castle Point Residents Ill-informed or Gullible? Green Belt Saved or still in Jeopardy?
- Castle Point Council’s going against the tide in defence of principles, or Compromising the Green Belt?
- Defending Castle Point Green Belt, Nimbyism, or worthwhile protection of our Environment?
- RECOMMENDATION, – CAUTION! No, the Continued Development of Canvey is Necessary!
- Jotmans Farm High Court Appeal - NOT for Castle Point council to Defend? canveygb.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/jot… @Essex_Echo @CastlePointBC @CastlePointYA 22 hours ago
- Castle Point Residents Ill-informed or Gullible? Green Belt Saved or still in Jeopardy? canveygb.wordpress.com/2017/07/21/cas… @CastlePointBC 4 days ago
- Castle PointBC going against the tide in defence of principles, or Compromising the Green Belt? canveygb.wordpress.com/2017/07/07/cas… via @wordpressdotcom 2 weeks ago
- Defending Castle Point Green Belt, Nimbyism, or worthwhile protection of our Environment? canveygb.wordpress.com/2017/07/06/def… @CastlePointBC 2 weeks ago
- RECOMMENDATION, - CAUTION! No, the Continued Development of Canvey is Necessary! canveygb.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/cau… via @wordpressdotcom @CastlePointBC 3 weeks ago