A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the Essex Coast from Leigh-on-Sea to Purfleet including Canvey Island, Tilbury and Dartford .
Flooding is possible.
The forecast high water is due at 5:00pm on the 10th October 2013
Reference Port: Southend
The predicted astronomical tide level is 2.78 m AODN.
The forecast surge height is 0.82 m.
The forecast tide level is 3.60 m AODN.
The forecast wind direction is North North Westerly.
The forecast wind strength is force 7.
Low lying coastal land and roads will be affected first.
This warning is in force until 7:00pm.
– Be prepared to protect yourself, family, pets and property.
– Prepare a flood kit including a torch, batteries, mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
– Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
– Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
– Be careful along beaches, promenades, coastal footpaths and roads.
– Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
– Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 using quickdial 03614 for up-to-date flooding information.